-->

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tuna Salad

Hello Vibe & Siobhan

After my first post, I actually remembered to take some Pictures of the food I was making!
Today I thought I would share my recipe for Tuna Salad, something that I have been obsessed with for the past 3 weeks. I would actually eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and believe me or not but i actually have.. It's just too good to only have it for lunch!


Ingredients:
1 can of Tuna (I use Tuna in Sunflower Oil)
Hummus (I use Tesco's caramalised onion hummus)
1 Red Pepper
Chives

For this recipe you could use Mayo instead of hummus, but as you're well aware, I absolutely loathe mayo. I also think that the hummus adds much more flavor, and a bit of sweetness to the salty tuna.
I don't personally need to add salt or pepper to this, but sometimes i will add a bit of the sunflower oil from the tuna can, to loosen Things up a bit.

Start of by chopping your red pepper finely, and your chives. I love chives so I use a lot of them, but if you don't cut Down the amount, or leave them out. Next open your tuna, add a bit of the oil, drain the rest, and add the tuna to a bowl, with the peppers, and chives. Mix. Lastely you add your hummus. I usually use about half a tub of hummus, but it depends on how the mix is looking. Essentially its up to you how 'loose' you want your Salad to be, but about half a tub usually does it. Mix it all together and add on some toasted bread.


This amount usually makes about 5-6 sandwiches, or about 3 days in my fridge, if i'm trying to limit myself.. It will keep nicely in a Tupperware, but you might find that it seperates a bit, so that there is a bit of liquid, I usually just mix it Again, and everything's fine.


I hope you'll give this a try, it really is worth it!
Miss you so much!
Love Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment