-->

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Happy National Grilled Cheese Day!

Happy National Grilled Cheese Day Guys!


There is seriously not much that can beat crunchy bread, and melted cheese. It's just so delicious and satisfying for the mind to eat something so good. I occasionally make grilled cheeses here in Glasgow, but since there is no panini press or any of that sort, I've had to resolve to other methods. My solution has been to put them in a frying pan, and while they toast on the first side, I take my pot and press Down the sandwich. It Works fine, but I really can't wait to go home and have access to a real grilled cheese toaster if you will.
I actually cheated a bit on this national Holiday, and made this grilled cheese yesterday.. I honestly thought it was the 12th.. Anywho I took Pictures of it, so here is my sacrifice to the grilled cheese gods (aka my stomach & Prefrontal Cortex).

Ingredients:
Bread
Oil
Hummus (Can you tell I'm on a hummus high?)
Sliced Ham
Chives
Cheese



If I can, I usually try to spice up my grilled cheese a bit. This time I added, hummus, ham, and chives.
Sometimes I will butter the bread, but I've found that oil Works just as fine if its in a frying pan, and it doesn't dirty my cutting board.
I start off by spreading some hummus on my bread, add chives. Then i try to make a sort of pocket of cheese. I put the ham on the bread, the cheese on top in the middle, and the flip over the rest of the ham, to enclose the cheese, so it doesn't end up in the pan. Fry till golden Brown, flip over, fry, and enjoy!

 
It might be too late for you to enjoy the Holiday, but this heaven should be enjoyed much more often.
I miss you!!
XOXO Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment