-->

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Honey-Baked Cinnamon Apple

Dear Siobhan,

I found myself with a little more time than expected this weekend so I thought I would use it to upload a quick and easy late summer/early autumn treat. Though it can be enjoyed all year round, and can be especially cozy during the winter, I associate this easy recipe with late summer nights. One childhood memory in particular stands out.

When I was  about five or six, my family had some friends over for dinner. It was summer and relatively warm out, as warm as it gets in Denmark, so we ate outside, and stayed out until it was dark. We kids, we were four, my brother and I and my best friend and his sister, played hide and seek around our enormous garden, which at this point, still had many trees and shrubs and what not, to hide behind. After dinner, we all roasted apples on a fire my friend's dad had made inside this hollowed out log. My method is not quite as awesome... But none-the-less the result is delicious.

Ingredients:

  • apples, 1 for each
  • honey
  • raisins
  • almonds
  • cinnamon
All you need to do is remove the core of your apples, and fill it with honey instead, I used acacia honey, but in liquidy honey will do. Push some raisins into the hollowed out cores and top with almonds. Stick in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes. Remember that it will need longer in the microwave the more apples you are heating. Once the apple is tender and the honey has really soaked into it, it is ready. Of course, you can also bake it in the oven if you do not own a microwave, however, make sure that you bake it in a dish as the honey tends to ooze once it is heated up. 


Once it's done sprinkle it with cinnamon, et voila! There you are. Super delicious dessert. I bet it would taste really good with some vanilla ice cream on the side.

You can also just eat it hot with a nice cup of tea!




Love forever,
Vibe

No comments:

Post a Comment