-->

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The California State Fair: a journey through carbs

Dear Vibe,

Let me take you on a journey. A journey to some of the most unhealthy foods you can imagine. Recently, I went to the California state fair. I had never been there, but I had heard distant fables of the food that can be found there. For the first time, I was able to experience this first hand. I did you the favor (?) of instagramming some of the best food I came across.

Yes, you heard correctly... Deep fried twinkies and snickers... I was tempted to try, but also terrified. I ended up not trying them after all.


I don't even know what these are supposed to be.... Which is why I had to take a photo.

CANDY! If my sister weren't a dentist, I would have spent all my money here.


My brother eating churros! I had half of it, man, those things are delicious.


And here we have me eating... Chocolate covered... BACON! It is not as disgusting as it sounds. The bacon was really crispy, and the layer of chocolate was very thick, so it really just tasted like sea salt chocolate.

American cuisine at its best. Note the 1/2 pound burgers. THAT'S HALF OF A POUND OF BEEF, DUDE.


After a few rides, Kieran and I got hungry. We decided to play it safe with some pizza, although now I'm afraid I might have missed out.

I wanted a deep fried Oreo so badly, but I never got around to getting one. Next time I go to the fair, it will be the first thing I do.

Well, that's that. I know this post wasn't super exciting, but I felt obliged to share my experiences with you. I promise next time will be an actual cooking post. 

I hope you are happy and of course eating delicious food.
Lots of love,
Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment